Elaine Andrews began her estate planning legal career in 1992. In 1994, Elaine founded the Andrews Law Firm in Petaluma, California. In 2010, she moved her family and her Law Firm to Truckee, the gateway to beautiful Lake Tahoe. Today the Elaine and the Andrews Law Firm serves clients and helps families all over the greater Northern California area – including Truckee, Lake Tahoe, and the surrounding communities; Sacramento and the Central Valley; and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Working with a client who was wrongfully conserved and had the resources of her estate drained away lit a fire in Elaine to get the word out about Bulletproof Estate Planning. The realization that, “this could happen to you, or me!” led Elaine to write her book, Fifty Excuses (Not) to do Bulletproof Estate Planning – Excuses that Just Might Cost You Everything, in 2016.
Elaine’s career as a JAG officer in the United States Army Reserves deeply informs her Estate Planning law practice with the operating principles of honesty, loyalty, and integrity.
In 2007, after 23 years of service, Elaine retired from the United States Army Reserves as a Lieutenant Colonel.
Today Elaine lives in Truckee, California, where she enjoys Tahoe, and spending time with her family, including her two dogs Mocha and Bowie. When the winter snows fall she sometimes can’t help but think of having a glass of wine at a sidewalk café in the South of France.
- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law
- Juris Doctorate, Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- California Credentialed Professional Fiduciary, CA State University, Fullerton
- Formerly Licensed Securities and Insurance Agent
- Retired Lieutenant Colonel United States Army Reserves, JAG Corp